You are invited to participate in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
In addition to reading 1000 books with your child before they start school, this program:
- Helps create a bond between parent & child, through books
- Helps to prepare children to be ready to learn to read when the enter kindergarten
- Helps strengthen early literacy skills, crucial to a child's development
How to Participate
- Register! Visit the children's department to recieve your information folder and reading log.
- Read every day! If you read two books each day with your child, in just one year you will have read 730 books!
- Track it! Use the reading log in your information folder, for every 100 books read, your child will receive a prize!