9th Annual Lego Competition Drop off
August 14 from 9:00am to 9:00pm
Drop off your entry in our 9th Annual Lego Competition.
9th Annual Wadsworth Public Library Lego® Competition for All Ages!
Rules and Guidelines
- Use your own Lego®, Duplo, Megablocks or other Lego® compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a Lego® designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- One entry per participant or team. Entries must NOT have been previously entered in the Wadsworth Public Library competition.
- Your creation must fit within a space of 24 x 24 inches. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant on the team. Individual entries will not be permitted for team participants. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable), a team will compete for a single prize.
- Include a label/sign that explains the idea/inspiration for your creation to help judges make their determinations.
- Judging is based upon creativity and difficulty of construction.
- Please provide a sign/label with your project with your name(s), grade (if applicable) and phone number.
- Completed projects must be delivered to the Library on Wednesday, August 14 between 9 am and 9 pm. The public will be able to view the completed and judged entries on Thursday, August 15 from 9 am – 7 pm.
- Completed entries MUST be taken home the evening of August 15, between 7 and 8:30 pm.
- Wadsworth Public Library staff members and their immediate family members are welcome to enter creations for exhibition but are not eligible to win prizes.
Prizes will be awarded in each of these age categories:
Preschool Grades K-2 Grades 3-4 Grades 5-6 Grades 7-12 Adult
First place: a Lego ideas book and set of Legos
Second place: a Lego ideas book
Honorable Mention: Ribbon
People’s Choice Award: a Lego ideas book
(patrons visiting the exhibit will vote on the
entry they like most)
|Location||Meeting Room A, Meeting Room B|
|Department||Children's, Youth & Outreach Services|