Ohio Revised Code Section 149.43 provides that all public records shall be promptly prepared and made available for inspection to any person at all reasonable business hours.
All requests from the public to review the records of the Library must follow these procedures:
1. Requests for inspection of any public record kept by the Wadsworth Public Library shall be forwarded to the Director or his/her designee. No employee other than the Director or his/her designee is authorized to release any record.
2. The Director shall make the initial response to the request, supervise the record search review, and determine which records are to be disclosed and which are exempt from disclosure.
3. A search for the requested records and a review shall be conducted to determine if any document is within the exception to the public records law. Any questions to the exempt status of any record should be reviewed with the Medina County Prosecutor’s Office.
4. Upon determination that the requested records are available and are to be disclosed, an appointment will be made with the requesting party to review the records. This appointment will be during regular business hours.
5. The Director or designee will make any copies of the records that the requesting party wishes. The fee for copies will be five (5) cents per page.