On June 2, 2021, all Ohio Department of Health orders applicable to public libraries will be lifted. Since Governor DeWine’s announcement to this effect earlier this month, we have worked with the Medina County Health Department to determine the best path forward for Wadsworth Public Library. We have also relied on the critical input of our staff and Board of Trustees, responses to our recent winter community survey, and observations of local businesses, organizations and other public libraries in our region.
Beginning on June 2, we will take the following additional steps toward full reopening:
- Masks will be optional for all patrons, regardless of age and circumstance
- Quarantine of returned items will be discontinued
- Returned items will be accepted directly by staff at the circulation desk and drive-up window
- Meeting and study rooms will be available for public usage without COVID capacity or arrangement restrictions
- The early literacy play area will be reopened, without restriction
We will be working closely with the Medina County Health Department over the coming months and year as we plan for further restoration of services and ultimately, in-person programming within our building.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about these measures, please feel free to contact me at 330.335.1299 or at email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding. We appreciate the opportunity to serve our community and look forward to the eventual full return of services.