The Wadsworth Public Library display case supports the vision of the Library to be a community center. The case may be used to display items related to the educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable pursuits of Wadsworth. The Library seeks the assistance of community organizations and individuals in furthering this purpose. The presence of a particular display in the Library does not necessarily indicate that the Library either advocates or endorses the viewpoints of exhibits or exhibitors
B. Conditions for Display
1. Designated staff shall schedule displays for the display case in compliance with this policy. The Library Director shall make the final determination of compliance.
2. Individuals and organizations may indicate an interest in assisting the Library in developing displays by contacting the Library.
3. Displays must conform to the space restrictions of the assigned area and be securely affixed to display surfaces. Nails may not be pounded into the wall and structural alterations of the display space is not permitted Due to the size and height of the case, the placement and removal of displays must be scheduled in advance with the Library's Facilities Department.
4. Displays may be in place for up to four weeks. Staff may schedule displays for shorter periods of time.
5. Any individual or organization who provides materials for a display shall sign a form that releases the Library from any responsibility for loss or damage to works on display. If the individual is a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall sign the waiver.
6. The Library will not sell items from the display case nor will selling prices be displayed.
7. Individuals and organizations providing materials for displays may be acknowledged with a sign, not larger than 5" X 7", indicating "Materials in this display are provided by __________"
APPROVED September 20, 2004